Welcome to NIOLDSKOOL

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums and downloads. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Tribute Radio Show For Alvin

17 replies to this topic

#1 DJ Just Kris

DJ Just Kris

Smell my finger

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5753 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:20 PM

last nite was a nite was a big show and i decided it should have been recorded for ppl so they can have it always

you have to download all 3 parts then when all the parts are downloaded it will unzip into one big 4hr 30min mix

http://www.mediafire.com/?clytzp9h4rt

http://www.mediafire.com/?fom2yzxtdiu

http://www.mediafire.com/?j72ofnrpioc

small1.png

http://giphy.com/gif...n-WWd8wUHuwQg1y

Click to listen to my mixes online @ Mixcloud or you can download them aswell , click link below

Dj Just Kris's Mixcloud

#2 JOCKEY551

JOCKEY551

Top Member

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5090 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:13 PM

Nice one just kris missed last hour or so super.gif

#3 Syko

Syko

Hardcore Countryface

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27094 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

Nice one Kris, Was a great show, very fitting if somewhat really cheesy!

Thanks for recording and uploading biggrin.gif

Posted Image

A new age is upon us, and man must soon relinquish his claim as ruler of the world. For thousands of years his intelligence has set him apart from all other life forms, and now, a new life form challenges his position. His love of technology has enabled him to create an artificial intelligence, able to design machines that he could not, machines without emotional, religious, or physical limitations.The Earth is dying, and a new revolution dawns, where future overtakes the past, creation surpasses creator, slave becomes master.
We can only hope there is compassion, understanding, even pity, inside the mind of the machine.

Click here for Some of my Mixes or here for Some of my Productions

The amount of time and effort that people on this site put into the music they love is amazing, I don't think there's many other sites out there with such a dedicated base of users and I think that says a lot for the scene over here and the people that love it..... Long may it continue

Best case you'd get down there only to find Airshite on the one's and two's and a bunch of ugly ass Belfast millies sporting massive budgie swingers covered in tramp stamps in a blow up pool outta Argos

#4 just mel x

just mel x

We choose to go to the moon \0/

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7131 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:30 PM

Sweet thanks! Was one of the best nites ever! Cant wait to play it again and enjoy the bounce!:)

#5 Givemeabassdrum

Givemeabassdrum

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:56 PM

Great show last nite and great tribute mate

#6 hardacid

hardacid

THE HOLY TRANCE MASTER

• NIO Top Member
  • 21739 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:28 PM

cheers k, never got tuned fri work nites thumbsdown.gif
**In the begining there was Jack, and Jack had a groove, and from this groove came the grooves of all grooves, and while one day visciously throwing down on his box Jack boldly declared, "Let there be House" and House Music was born, I am you see, I am the creator and this is my house, and in my house there is only House Music, but I am not so selfish because once your into my house it then becomes our House, and our House Music, and you see no one man owns House because House Music is a universal language spoke and understood by all, you see house is a feeling that no one can understand really, unless your deep into the vibe of House. House is a uncontrollable desire to jack your body, and as I told you before this is our house, and our House Music, and evey house should understand there is a keeper and in this house the keeper is Jack. Now some of you might wonder who is Jack and what is it that Jack does? Jack is the one who gives you the power to jack you body. Jack is the one who gives you the power to do the snake. Jack is the one who gives you the key, to the wiggly worm. Jack is the one who learns you how to wop your body. Jack is the one that can bring nations and nations of all jackers together under one house. You may be Black, you may be White, you may be Jew or Gentile, it don't make a difference in our house and this is fresh**

He spoke a silent truth to communicate with u, a definate lesson to reach, this man is no fool-a subtle shade of tronic and knowledge of no other, this bearer on your life, and u are just his cover-his path the same as urs, together step by step-an unconditional companion, a person u'll never forget, a marriage bound at birth, that never can be banned-for he is just ur shadow, just ur shadowman

when i arrived you were wandering around on a fourth floor window ledge trying to have a piss, having eaten mushroom chocolate... thats pretty entertaining in a fucking scary sorta way! lol

then of course theres the head shaving shananigans, and the legendary photo of you passed out after falling off the toilet, entertainment is subjective, but i was entertained!

#7 Pink Cheese

Pink Cheese

If you dont stand for something, you'll fall for anything

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9001 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

sorry to be a pain but i cant get this downloaded!! cos its winrar i have 2 extract it over to my media player, and it wont let me extract!

any help anyone? cheers!

Posted Image

#8 worm5252

worm5252

"I want to change the world. I want people to think"

• Regular Oldskooler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2421 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:14 PM

I am uploading to my server for a more permanent home and another download location as well

http://www.tuxknowle...ibute.part1.rar
http://www.tuxknowle...ibute.part2.rar
http://www.tuxknowle...ibute.part3.rar
--DJ AKA
Posted Image

#9 worm5252

worm5252

• Regular Oldskooler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2421 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:15 PM

Pink Barbie Dee

Go to: http://www.winrar.com

Download Winrar and install it. You will be fine after that

--DJ AKA
Posted Image

#10 Mrs Muff

Mrs Muff

Happy Head!

• NIO Top Member
  • 11410 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:06 AM

cheers....was a great show!

#11 modellebabe

modellebabe

please enter witty remark

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7106 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

it was a really excellent show, prob one of the best so far cheerleader.gif
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

TEAM HARPIST

#12 chillin74

chillin74

Theatre Of Dreams

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6351 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:13 AM

great show an great tribute.

good toons an mixing there kris.

an record number of people logged on was great 2 c

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/user/oldskoolhouse74

#13 Big Dave

Big Dave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

Guys,

Being a cousin, can I pass on my thanks for the tributes paid to Alvin and the wishes of support and condolences passed on to his family. This has not gone unnoticed by myself, his brother and sister along with other relatives and friends and your turn out at the funeral was greatly appreciated. There appears to be a true family community on this site, and your organisation of future events and various features for Alivn are brilliant ideas, I would hope to meet a few of you at these events.

I have only joined the site a few days ago, and though have downloaded the tribute radio show (very fitting), i'd like to download if possible any mixes Alvin did, and any live recordings of him. Would someone have easy access to links for these? Also, would it be possibe to download the tribute video?

Kind regards guys.

Dave

#14 sinbad

sinbad

Sleepy Head

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7288 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

Grabbing the set now... thanks.
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - No Compromise - No Limits - No Regrets

--------------------------
My Bebo - http://DJSinbad.bebo.com
My myspace - http://www.myspace.com/dj_sinbad

#15 aiddydj

aiddydj

DJ JOKER

• Premium Subscribed Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1875 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE DANCE MUSIC BEEN DJAYING SINCE THE AGE OF 15. BEEN LIVING IN SCOTLAND SINCE 2005 AND MOVED BACK TO IRELAND IN AUGUST 2011. IM CURRENTLY WORKIN ON SOME MASHUPS AND REMIXES AND HOPE TO GET A FEW OLDSKOOL MIXES DONE ASWELL. KEEP ER LIT. ADD ME ON BBM - 288D3158

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

cherrs for this keep the memory of alvin alive. great guy. a brilliant tribute mix.
Posted Image

#16 Damuff

Damuff

Sir Muffington III

• NIO Top Member
  • 20236 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Big Dave @ Apr 6 2008, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys,

Being a cousin, can I pass on my thanks for the tributes paid to Alvin and the wishes of support and condolences passed on to his family. This has not gone unnoticed by myself, his brother and sister along with other relatives and friends and your turn out at the funeral was greatly appreciated. There appears to be a true family community on this site, and your organisation of future events and various features for Alivn are brilliant ideas, I would hope to meet a few of you at these events.

I have only joined the site a few days ago, and though have downloaded the tribute radio show (very fitting), i'd like to download if possible any mixes Alvin did, and any live recordings of him. Would someone have easy access to links for these? Also, would it be possibe to download the tribute video?

Kind regards guys.

Dave

Hi Dave .....good to see you on the board and yeah Alvin was certainly one of us and will be sorely missed around here and at many nights out and also as a good friend that he became to me and certainly alot on nioldskool. We will get all his mixes and everything else you requested and send you a Private Message with the links available in there.

#17 worm5252

worm5252

• Regular Oldskooler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2421 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:45 PM

So I ahve now extracted and listened to all 3 parts os this and all 3 files are the exact same 273 minute file. Is this correct?
--DJ AKA
Posted Image

#18 Motique

Motique

• Regular Oldskooler
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

just got the 3 finished there, and checking it out now, goosebumps on the first tune, class biggrin.gif

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users