Welcome to NIOLDSKOOL

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums and downloads. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

FAREWELL ALVIN UFONIX

55 replies to this topic

#41 superstardj

superstardj

Look, there's two women fu*king a polar bear!

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20647 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

still don't wanna believe that the last few days actually happened

as has been said, it was a very difficult day today...anytime any board members have met up before it's always been for a night out or party but to see everyone today at the funeral of one who would've been at the night out or party was hard to come to terms with...

but again as was said it was comforting to see so many off the board there to pay their respects...and also i hope this will provide some sort of comfort to his family of how highly thought of Alvin is amongst his friends and fello ravers

think the last time i got a proper chat to Alvin was at Unity 2....which thanks to Ricky was caught on camera even if only for a brief moment

you'll be missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing you m8

#42 Mulgrew

Mulgrew

Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them

• Admin(Admin)
  • 26744 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (SubCultureUk @ Apr 3 2008, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cant open any of these threads without breaking down in tears sad.gif

Same here mate , can't even bring myself to watch the video yet , can't get past 20 seconds sad.gif

#43 Bezerk

Bezerk

Tickle my baloon!

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9604 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:04 PM

RIP mate, I'm sure your proud of the send off we gave you today, it's obvious you have have so many people who love and care for you.

Keep the Hardcore alive wherever you are, and perhaps come back to haunt the house heads.

Edited by Bezerk, 03 April 2008 - 10:04 PM.

Posted Image

#44 senan

senan

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2709 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

i only met alvin the once after Unity, i went looking for Amanda, because we were leaving the good aul metrohole, after what was a classic night, and Kris the un-cut video has to be up'd???, anyway, i found Amanda, after meeting Alvin in the the corridor, he said room 36 "the goat is in there", long and behold "the goat "was there, so then Alvin came back, i talk to him + his girlfriend(they were both sound), then the goat got her act together, and we headed to the Giants Causeway and what a cause it was, stephen n and his great idea's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

may you rest in piece Alvin,

#45 Mrs Nitro

Mrs Nitro

Advanced Member

• Regular Oldskooler
  • PipPipPip
  • 1692 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:20 PM

You were so well thought of by all and the turnout today and the heartfelt comments on here show that....i hope you are at peace now x

#46 superstardj

superstardj

Look, there's two women fu*king a polar bear!

• NIO Top Member
  • 20647 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

just found that video, only a few seconds like:

#47 Globe

Globe

• Regular Oldskooler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:30 PM

I am really so shocked and saddened by this news. It is so sad and terrible to come online tonight and read about UFONIX. RIP mate.

#48 Damuff

Damuff

Sir Muffington III

• NIO Top Member
  • 20236 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (superstardj @ Apr 3 2008, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just found that video, only a few seconds like:

Myself and Mel where looking at that earlier fancy_laugh.gif

#49 rallyretro

rallyretro

That Camera Man

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

Well, whatever about the weather recently, it was rather strange but nice that we had such a beautiful day with the sun shining brightly today to send off Alvin. And I think we did him proud.... as everyone else said, it was nice to see the turnout there was.

I had my music on random shuffle last night and this tune came on, I couldn't help but share it with y'all. I thought to myself, what an apt and ironic tune, but one I'm sure Alvin would've been raving his heart out to if he heard it out.

RIGHT CLICK THIS &SAVE

Farewell Ufonix mate, until we meet again...

Regards,
Gus Mc

#50 Jasy

Jasy

Circus Old Skool Crew & Smiley Post King

• Admin(Admin)
  • 33644 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:58 PM

Can remember that photo well Gus. Some super stuff on the site with relation to the whole dreadful events, he would be so proud

#51 Foster

Foster

Arrrriba Bitches

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7711 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (rallyretro @ Apr 3 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a photo!

Good seeing you today Gus

#52 Jasy

Jasy

Circus Old Skool Crew & Smiley Post King

• Admin(Admin)
  • 33644 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:03 PM

Reading some of the stuff posted really is truly heartbreaking. I'm just can't get over why he had to do it. So bloody sad and angry all rolled into one. I'll be having a few and having a bounce in your memory on Saturday night at Nation Alvin, you should still be with us m8

#53 sonya

sonya

i'm one of the cool kids!

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8473 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

dito.gif its heart breaking stuff. sad.gif Still hasnt sunk in at all.

As its been said it was a comfort to have such a strong board turnout today, it made it that bit easier.

So glad that I got to meet you wee chum, thought the world of you. You'll be missed by so many xoxo

NIOLDSKOOL CROWD

#54 aceberg

aceberg

Legend

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6517 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:57 AM

r.i.p man.
"I've been mad for ****ing years, absolutely years, been over the edge for yonks, been working me buns off for bands..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the
most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

#55 mrs storm

mrs storm

We are all born superstars. God makes no mistakes

• NIO Top Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7784 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:26 PM

Today was so difficult, but it was so heartening to see so many members standing together, it definitely helped.... Seems the big man in the sky gave you the sunniest day of the year for your send off too mate....Still cant really take it in tbh

I take comfort in the fact that whatever it was that made you do what you did, at least you are in peace now... you are free. Sleep well mate

I was speaking to his brother earlier, and the family have been touched by the tributes on here. They have also asked could we gather together any photographs we had of Alvin... i told them you lot have started already (thanks amanda)

So if anyone has any photos can they please email them to me at subcultureuk@nioldskool.co.uk, or uploaded to a file sharer and PM the link.... we can gather them all up and i'll send them a CD with our chairty donations

dito.gif

I was very annoyed that I could'nt get to the funeral yest, as Chris told you all there. I can only put into words my respects, memories and thoughts of Alvin. Then what made me worse, was the fact I was unable to stand in unison with my fellow nioldskool members, representing one of the biggest hobbies in my life, to give a final farewell to one of our extended family members sad.gif

Edited by mrs storm, 04 April 2008 - 12:27 PM.

#56 digitalcommandos

digitalcommandos

• Regular Oldskooler
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:07 PM

Right guys firstly i must apologise, as its been a long long time since i`ve been on here. I`ve had lots of shit going on(although nowt in comparison to this) and have lost touch with several of the forums i used to go on.

Secondly i must also apologise for bumping this thread up again but ive just come across this today by accident. I had absolutely no idea this had happened, So i wanted to leave my respects.

Although I had never met alvin in person, I had spoken to him on the phone a couple of times and also used to chat on msn and via the forum. So i am truly shocked that i`ve discovered he is no longer with us. Although from the conversations that i did have with him it was very apparent that he was a really sound decent guy.

So i just like to pass somewhat belated condolences on to all who knew him,
and say RIP Alvin mate, you were a true gentleman.

Dave,
Digital Commandos.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users